Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Park City, UT



Without a doubt one of my favorite places to go is Park City! I believe that it is one of the classiest, charming cities in the US. I love everything about Park City from the nature and the wild life to the ski resorts, the Alpine Slide (I will admit however that I have been a little nervous to ride down it since Heather broke her arm the last time we went down there as a family....lol), going to my friend's cabin during the winter, the outlet malls. But my favorite is visiting the historic Main Street. With its art galleries, fashion boutiques, historic sites, cafes, trolleys, book stores and much more! My most recent trip to Park City was devoted solely to it!

Watching the familiar old buildings while I walked down main street was like watching a memorized scene from a favorite movie. Memories flashed in my mind of Winter when everything is covered in a layer of white snow, and strings of lights are carefully strung around trees, and from building to building. How great it feels to walk into one of the warm cafes and order hot chocolate! Of the film festivals, Of their art shows when the entire street is filled with booths from artists from all over the globe, and of trips similar to the one I took recently where the street served as a refuge when I just needed to get away.

A regular stop for me when I come to PC is Dolly's Bookstore The shop was named after their cat Dolly, who lives in the book store. They actually have two cats that stay there but Dolly has been around the longest. It has an Ice cream polar connected to it...with a door that separates it so Dolly and her friend can't wander in there....It has the best ice cream, and sweets. I get withdrawals from their caramel apples. Especially the one that is first dipped in caramel, then white chocolate, and covered in cinnamon sugar goodness! A weird treat that I have found that is actually good there are their frozen dipped bananas.



This is a picture of Dolly, I saw her sitting on the "Staff Picks" table and had to get a picture.

This trip to Main Street I did something new. I tried out the trolley. Our driver was a hilarious crazy lady. I have ridden the trolleys in San Francisco and the drivers always seemed super grouchy and frankly a little scary to me. But ours was super nice.

Here are some pictures I found of Main Street. I couldn't find one of the entire strip sadly:(



No comments: