Sunday, September 7, 2008

Its List Time!!!

Hello, I've noticed it's been awhile since I have posted a good list. If you have noticed I have been more in the mood to post pictures than actual writing posts. However, with many English papers due this term I have much need of the practice. (For those of you who have read my entries I am sure you understand, lol.) Still not quite in the writing mode, I thought a list would be a perfect solution for getting me back in the swing of things. So here, in no particular order, are a few things I am feeling grateful for today.

1. Nature - There are many in this world who receive their energy from being around people, and people orientated things. Though I love a good party, and I do love to be around people, I am not one of those people. I am one who obtains my energy from nature. No matter where I am in the future, New York City, San Francisco...etc, I will always return to nature. To my waterfalls, my mountains, deserts, forests, jungles, lakes, oceans. Any place where trees and plants are not strategically placed.

2. Febreze - A huge 180 degree turn from nature I know. But it keeps my clothes, furniture, room, everything smelling fresh and clean. Lately I have been favoring the scent "meadows and rain."

3. The color blue - I love the color blue, all shades of it. I love the way the sky stretches it over the earth like a briliant Yves klein painting. The way it ripples through water. How it can radiate a strong calming feeling, or in other tints and shades, can give off either a light bubbly feeling, or deep empathetic feeling.

4. The ability to smile - Nothing (except when a smile is practiced over a long period of time) seems so relieving to me as a smile. Like tears it is a reaction to an emotion that really only human beings emit. I love the ability to smile, and I hope no matter how hard life gets I never lose that ability or the ability to make others smile.

No comments: