Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Spotlights!

I know I have been poor at doing my weekly spotlights...maybe I'll change it to "monthly spotlights", or "whenever the hell I feel like it spotlights." But nevertheless here it is! I have two this week, I couldn't choose one over the other.

Spotlight NĂºmero Uno:



Ever feel that to be environmentally safe you have to sacrifice your dominant arm? I picked up a book that if you are a girl is actually pretty useful, if you are however,a boy, about half of the book would be useful...stereotypically speaking... Don't let my opinion offend you. It tells you tons of minor changes you can make in your life that will help you to become more environmentally savvy. Not only does it help you do more for the environment it helps you become more healthy. There is a great section on meditation, and great workout tips. I haven't read all of the book, but so far I have been pretty impressed with it.

Best For Last:



I actually give this four stars! **** Being a freshman in college now, I am taking a writing class and need desperate help with my grammar. That is how I stumbled across this. Here are the reasons why I am spotlighting Grammar Girl:

A. It is Free (Go to iTunes and search grammar girl)
B. She makes a tedious subject fun to listen to.
C. The longest lecture is seven minutes; it is short, witty, and too the point.
D. Its very convenient, you can plug it into your Ipod and listen to it while you work, and whatever else.
E. You learn a lot from it.

No comments: