Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Catch up - Color Me Mine Date

Have you ever had one of those dates where everything goes so perfectly that it almost seems to be magic? Well this RARELY happens for me....I'm the type of girl that usually get stuck on the awkward dates...(however Ben is the exception to this...lucky streak...part of the reason I'm still with him, lol). Anyway I know when I describe this date it won't sound like that big of a deal, but it really was fun! Ben picked me up after work, I am still impressed at my mad skills of being able to get ready, 15 minutes after having fruit splatter on me all day, and look pretty dang good if I do say so myself...maybe it was the "magic of the date" already starting to work? We went down to Riverwood's, I had a whole bunch of coupons for Hogi Yogi so we ate dinner there, we got a bunch of their signature frozen yogurts too...like I said we took advantage of the coupons... then we walked over to Color me Mine (It is a cute shop where you pick from various ceramic things, like vases, piggy banks, cups, plates, sculpters...etc and you paint them). The best part was when we walked in it was "date night" so everything was half off! I painted a flower plate...which I currently have in my room, I keep my rings and necklaces in it. Ben painted a giant mug. After that we had planned to see a movie, but we still had a little time so we walked around the shops, there was a band playing in front of the Hope Art Gallery, they were incredible! So Ben and I stopped to listen to them, then Ben requested a song, it was an old jazz song, really beautiful. He and I Danced to it, and a few more after that. Then we went and saw the movie. I hope we can have more dates like this one!

*Sadly didn't have my camera with me the day we went but here are some pictures of when Ben and I picked our pieces up.*

No comments: