Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February the Month of Love (And Sometimes Bitterness...)


I know I have posted a lot today, for the first time in what feels like ages I actually have a little time.

Well its here, February, the month we associate with love. The month that makes me think of the colors pink and red, of candy hearts, paper valentines and all things lovey-dovey. Although this notorious month can generate dread through the single community, I believe it is a good thing we associate "love" with February. Why you ask? Because of its dreary and cold weather (in Utah, especially Provo Utah, at least), lasting holiday bills, and the stupid groundhog who always sees his shadow, if it wasn't associated with "love" it would be associated with "hate." So I welcome the reminder that we all need a little more love in our life. :)

Actually, February happens to be one of my favorite months. I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to love. As the saying goes "I love to love" not just a significant other, but my friend's as well! I read a brilliant idea on a blog that I am going to try this month.


It is my goal to write 28 letters of love for my friends, family, and the boy I am crazy about. One for each day. I know this means that I will have some catching up to do, but I am excited. If you are in my inner circle look forward to a letter! :) Depending on how much time I have to devote to this project, I may turn the letters into postcards with some fancy doodle or ink work on them. That way it will be a good way to practice my art as well.

Well, it is late so I am going to go. Happy February everyone! Brace yourself for more mushy posts about Valentine's Day.

No comments: