Friday, February 4, 2011

R.I.P. Old Glasses, Hello New Glasses!




I am very sad to announce that two weeks ago my lovely Karen Kane Lily Field glasses passed away. There was a tragic accident when I was leaving my figure drawing class. I happened to look down at something and they slipped off my face. They landed in such a way that they snapped completely and perfectly in half. Seriously, it looks like someone cut it on the bridge with a laser!

I remember the day I got them, they were the first to catch my eye in the display. Sleek black and lime green on the inside, I knew the moment I saw them that they were meant for me. Even their name, "lily field," was perfect. For those who don't know I am a sucker for lilies. They served as good glasses these past 3 and a half years, and they will be missed.

That being said...

This week the new glasses I ordered (shown in the pictures above) came in and they are freaking sweet! I adore them with their purplish-reddish color, wider lenses and stellar profile view. They fit me a little better than my older pair as well. Normally I am a contact wearer but with these new beauts I may just be seen sporting the "glasses look" more often.

Who says men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses?

No comments: