Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Happened to Adventurers?


What happened to the world of adventurers and explorers? It seems that the once noble and respectable career has been demoted to that of children's fantasies and short articles in history books. In fact for the most part in our modern world the profession of an "adventurer" is extinct. Why is this? I cannot believe that there is simply nothing left in our world to discover. I believe that it is far from that fallacious thought. Perhaps we just have different priorities now...?

How fantastic would it be to resurrect this exhilarant business? I want to step far beyond my comfort zone, I want to be lost in a foreign country that doesn't speak the same language as me nor share my own customs, to discover things that history has long since forgotten, to embark on hair-raising experiences.

Anywho, on a closing note I decided to make a list of six small things that are a "quick fix" for all of my adventurer friends out there.

1. Take a new route that you have never been on to where-ever your destination is.

2. Don't let the rain stop your out-door plans.

3. Go outside of the city, and eat dinner in a small town cafe/diner.

4. Say "yes" to the next person who asks you to do something. (assuming that thing wouldn't go against your conscience)

5. Next time you get the chance to do something like karaoke, do it!

6. And all in all, DON'T be afraid to try new things!

.........................................

Hmm...three things I am grateful for.

1. To go along with my post, traveling definitely!

2. Clouds; I know this is random, but driving today, I saw so many beautiful things involving clouds. This morning on my way to the university Mount Timpanogos was covered by clouds except for the top peak, it looked like it was floating in the sky, and the sun was shining perfectly on it so that both the snowy peak and the clouds were glowing. Then driving home I saw such a unique cloud formation with the sunsetting it was extraordinary. Plus is there anything fluffier than a cloud?! If there is I don't want to know about it! lol.

3. For three I am going to have to list my kitty Figaro!

No comments: