Saturday, March 19, 2011

At this time I am reminded of an old saying that follows: "If you put in what you have always put in you will receive what you have always received."  I don't like what I have been "putting in" lately. The past few months I have been afraid of my own shadow, afraid to take the risks I need to take, and sulking in self pity. At times I have displaced the hurt of my failures on those close to me. I haven't been living up to the person I know that I can be. Soon it will be the beginning of a new month, and I want to make some changes in my life. In all areas of my life.

I apologize to all those around me for when I haven't been as strong as you have needed me to be. I am sorry when my areas of weakness have burdened you or might have caused you pain. With every mistake I make I am learning, and I hope to become a better person for you and for me.

To myself, I am sorry because I know I have always been my greatest restraint. I wish to shed my hesitation and open the doors I need to open. I am sorry for always looking backwards, I know now that the only direction for me and my heart to go is forward. I want to be the best I can be.

No comments: