Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sick of Exams...and Just Flat Out Sick...


"Cher's Dad: You mean to tell me that you argued your way from a C+ to an A-?!

Cher: Totally based on my powers of persuasion, you proud?

Cher's Dad: Honey, I couldn't be happier than if they were based on real grades."

The above statements are from the 1995 movie "Clueless," my all time favorite film adaption of Jane Austen's classic novel "Emma."

While I do not need to argue my grades up, I wish that I possessed the ability to pursuade my teacher into  letting me retake a test I missed due to illness. I single handedly evacuated one of the most crowded restrooms at my school.  And by some miracle when I finally made it home I was so violently ill that I couldn't roll over without hurling.

Not only did I get to spend the day in that pleasant state, I received my very first "0" mark on an exam. And my professor will not budge with his decision. Brilliant.

A little help Cher?

No comments: