Monday, March 21, 2011

Ice Castles: My Farewell Post to Winter.


As of yesterday Winter is officially over and Spring is here! While Spring is my favorite season and I am in no way sad to see Winter pass. I thought I would honor the parting season and do a farewell post for it; writing about something unique and special this winter offered me.

For those who live in Utah or visit it frequently, you may already be familiar with the Ice Castles in Midway. I just discovered them this year and all I can say is "WOW!"  One man, Brent Christensen (with some help from nature), took art to a whole new level with his incredible ice castle creations.

How fun and romantic would it be to get lost in magical ice castles on a date? Sigh, perhaps it is pathetic but I keep envisioning holding someone's hand while walking through these and cuddling when we become cold. So boys who is up for it next year?




Images via:

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Agreed! I am so happy for winter to be over!!